Advanced Negotiation Skills: The Art & Science of Negotiation
Time & Location
About The Event
The art and science of negotiations requires the basic skills of negotiation with an added level of awareness of strategic thinking, individual and organizational value systems impacting negotiations, and the planning required to drive success in a multiparty or simple negotiation. Your success relies upon your ability to strategically plan for a successful negotiation outcome along with your intent of the negotiations. Understanding the factors that lead to a more advanced and successful negotiation requires increased skills in management of internal and external stakeholders within the negotiation process.
This fast paced learning experience includes interactive negotiation exercises, business case analysis, strategic analysis, increased communication skills, development of key behavioral skills that will lead to collaboration and success. You will develop more sophisticated negotiation skills, learn how to avoid derailers in negotiations, and become prepared to conduct a wider range of increasingly more complex negotiations with an improved sense of self-confidence and knowledge of the impact you have on the negotiation process.
- Learn how to design and have more effective individual and team collaborative negotiation strategies
- Improve outcomes involving multiple internal and external stakeholders, issues, and agenda.
- Improve negotiation skills across international or cultural boundaries
- Utilize the employee and corporate value proposition to improve negotiations and value for the proposed outcome by all parties (the psychological hook).
- Identify key derailers to successful outcomes.
- Eliminate barriers through collaborative and behavioral analysis utilizing ILKA's key strategies for success.
- Arrange or direct the elements of the negotiation process to produce a desired effect.
- How to build a trusting relationship between adversaries.
- Creating a strategic plan to sequence related deals and negotiations.
- Align negotiations and implementation phases
- Creating collaborative coalitions across the negotiating process
- Moving from the concept of telling just enough to telling just right (laying your cards on the table completely).
- Creating constituent support through team management.
- The information conundrum - when and how to share information learned.
- Improved communications through a solution design and innovation process.
Who should enroll?
This program is appropriate for government employees and non-government professionals with some negotiating or contracting experience who want to take their strategic skills to the next level. The program is especially helpful for those who engage or plan to engage in more complex contract or organizational change processes. Ideally, participants of this course will have previously attended our basic negotiation training.
- Advanced Negotiating Skills$1,995$1,9950$0