Basic Negotiation Skills: Strategies for Increased Results
Time & Location
About The Event
Negotiation is an integral part of developing value for an organization Your success depends upon not only your personal skills, beliefs and values as a negotiator; your success relies upon your team and the intent of the negotiations. Whether you are seeking resources as a government employee for a future project, a contracting officer seeking to increase your skills in managing internal and external stakeholders, or deciding upon a new employee's roles, responsibilities, and salary, or writing a contract for a high stakes deal; negotiations are part of your day to day activities.
This program utilizes hands on group exercises to facilitate group experiential learning. Participants work in teams to practice negotiation skills and improve abilities to bargain ethically and successfully with key internal and external stakeholders in any negotiation situation.
- Achieve improved negotiation results both formally and informally with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Build Confidence in your bargaining power and abilities.
- Develop key communication, observational and behavioral factors that will create the psychological hook to stakeholder buy in for your process.
- The psychology of negotiations - getting to a yes using strategic interests, priorities, and goals
- Strategic pre-negotiation planning sessions
- Understanding the impact of the psychological basis of perception and personal bias in the negotiation process
- Learn how cultural differences impact negotiations
- Learn key skills in managing challenging relationships and irrational people
- Examine the narcissistic behaviors that impact negotiations and learn skills to create buy-in.
- Improve team and individual communications utilizing methods of inquiry.
- Creating collaboration by transforming opposition into cooperation and opponents into collaborative stakeholders and partners.
- Recognizing when to walk away from the table or stay.
Who should enroll?
This program is appropriate for government employees and non-government professionals at all levels who want to learn new and unique negotiation skills as they learn to work more collaboratively and productively with colleagues, partners, vendors, customers, and other key stakeholders. No prior training in negotiation is required. Professionals who have experience in negotiation and want to take their strategic skills to the next level should consider attending our program Advanced Negotiation Skills: The Art and Science of Negotiation.
- Basic Negotiation Skills$1,995$1,9950$0